These cookies melt in your mouth they’re so delicious!
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 tbsp ground ginger
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup shortening
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup dark molasses
1/3 cup cinnamon sugar mix
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Sift the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt into a mixing bowl. Stir the mixture to blend evenly.
- Place the shortening into a mixing bowl and beat until creamy.
- Gradually beat in white sugar and then mix in dark molasses and egg.
- Sift 1/3 of flour mix into the shortening mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Add remaining flour and mix completely until a soft dough forms.
- Roll rough into 1 inch diameter balls with your hands.
- Roll each ball into cinnamon sugar mix and place 2 inches apart on an un-greased baking sheet.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 11-12 minutes (tops will be rounded and slightly cracked). Leave on pan for 3-4 minutes before moving to wire rack to cool
**cookies will be really soft when coming out and are harder to transfer immediately