Coconut Bundt Cake (this cake is absolutely incredible!!!)
1½ cups butter, softened
1 cup white granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup light sour cream
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsps coconut extract
1¾ cups flour
2 cups flaked coconut, chopped
1 cup powdered sugar
¼ cup heavy cream
1 tsp coconut extract
½ cup flaked coconut, toasted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Generously grease a bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour and flaked coconut. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter & sugar. Add eggs and mix until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add sour cream, baking powder and coconut extract. Mix well.
- Add half of the flour mixture to creamed mixture, mix well.
- Add the remaining flour mixture and mix until well combined.
- Let cake batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for for 60 – 70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 25 minutes.
- Invert onto serving plate. Frost with coconut glaze.
- For the glaze: Mix ingredients together. Pour on top of cake and let the glaze drizzle down the sides of the cake.
- Top with toasted coconut, if desired.
*To toast coconut – spread out coconut on baking sheet. Cook for 3-4 min, pull pan out of oven and shake to rotate the coconut. Put back in the oven for another 2-3 min, or until coconut slightly browns on edges.