Homemade Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich
I think we all deserve to treat ourselves to a delicious homemade ice cream cookie sandwich once in a while (or, a few times a week).
1 stick salted butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt + a little extra sprinkle
1 cup chocolate chips
Ice Cream of your choice
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Microwave the butter for about 40 seconds (this will just barely melt it)
3. Mix butter with sugars (using a standard or hand mixer) until creamy
4. Add vanilla and egg, mix until just combined (be careful not to over beat the egg)
5. Add the flour, baking soda, salt and mix into a crumble form
6. Use your hands to form into a large ball
7. Add chocolate chips and mix in evenly with your hands
8. Roll dough into 12-14 larges balls and place on baking sheets
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookies look puffy and dry – just barely golden (DO NOT OVER BAKE – this keeps your cookies soft and AMAZING); take them out when they’re pale and puffy, even if they don’t appear to be done yet.
10. Let them cool on the pan for 30 minutes (or eat a few warm – I won’t try to stop you!) They should sink into a dense, buttery cookie.
11. Once the cookies a cooled, soften your favorite ice cream (I like to use coffee flavored).
12. Pour a generous amount of sprinkles onto a small plate.
13. Scoop one large scoop of ice cream onto the inside of a cookie and place another cookie on top.
14. Gently press the cookies together, squeezing the ice cream to the edges of the sandwich
15. Roll the outside of the sandwich into the sprinkles
16. Eat immediately or freeze for later!