I absolutely love banana bread. That being said I’ve ate A LOT of it and am always looking for different ways to improve my own recipe.
A few changes to some of my favorite recipes has created this perfect loaf. It’s full of rich banana flavor and moist throughout. (I do not apologize for using the word *moist*).
½ cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large mashed bananas
½ cup milk (can sub buttermilk)
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 box of banana pudding mix
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ cup chopped nuts
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix butter and sugar in the bowl until creamy.
3. Add eggs and mix well.
4. Add milk, vanilla and bananas to mixture.
5. Add dry ingredients to creamy mixture and blend well.
6. Grease loaf pan
7. Bake in 1 loaf pan for 60-70 minutes minutes.
**Check you loaf with a tooth pick every 25 minutes as some ovens will cook faster and you do not want to dry out your bread.**